COVID-19 Risk Assessments
Leigh-on-Sea Town Council have been working hard to ensure that Leigh Community Centre can reopen safely to the public after lockdown. Due to the nature of our business and the variety of different groups and centre users it has been a complicated process of ensuring that we are taking all necessary precautions and following Government guidance.
We have devised two comprehensive risk assessments that we strongly advise users and hirers of the Centre to read before returning to the Centre.
Re-opening Risk Assessment
Room Hire Risk Assessment
COVID-Secure Guidelines for Visiting Leigh Community Centre
- Masks or face coverings are required to be worn in all communal areas, including the foyer, toilets, corridors, cafe etc.
- Masks may not be compulsory during your class depending on the activity. Masks do not need to be worn by children, or whilst exercising, if you are unsure please check with your class provider.
- Please wash your hands upon arrival to the Centre, or use one of our hand sanitising stations. Hand sanitiser should be made available to you throughout your session by your class provider.
- Please use the NHS COVID-19 Track and Trace app when visiting. There is a poster at the entrance (and throughout other parts of the Centre) with a QR code that you need to scan. If you do not have a smart phone, please ensure your class provider has your name and contact details.
- The upstairs toilets are closed to the public
- Loitering in the corridors before or after classes is prohibited. Please exit the Centre after your class as soon as possible.
- Please socially distance from other people whilst inside the Centre and when forming queues.
- Please be mindful of what surfaces you touch whilst in the Centre, and keep this to a minimum.
- Ensure any coughs or sneezes are caught in a tissue (or in your elbow) bin it and then wash your hands.
- The lift is available to one person or one household at a time
- Please arrive for your class no more than 5 minutes before the start time, as all classes are now on a staggered rota to minimise people in the common areas of the building. On arrival please queue at the main doors, these will not be opened until the class is due to start.
- Visiting the Community Centre for anything other than classes is strictly by appointment only. To discuss council matters or booking enquiries please phone the office on 01702 716288 or email email@example.com
- Recycling bags are still available to pick up outside the front entrance to the Centre.